top of page
- Multiple DatesFri, 27 JanNorth of Talbot Place
- Thu, 26 JanLondon26 Jan, 19:00 – 21:00London, 90 Mycenae Rd, London SE3 7SE, UKThe formative years of the Solar System is still poorly understood. As we learn more our comprehension becomes more focused. Missions sent to study distant small worlds fills in much of the detail and the more sophisticated the suite of instruments designed to study them the better
- Mon, 16 JanLondon16 Jan, 19:00 – 21:00London, Romney Rd, London SE10 9NF, UKArcheoastronomy grew out of interpretations of Stonehenge and other British prehistoric monuments in the 1960s as "ancient observatories" — ideas that generated a huge wave of popular interest but also proved highly controversial among academics, Pitting astronomers against archaeologists.
- Mon, 05 DecGreat Hall, Queen's House05 Dec 2022, 19:15 – 21:00Great Hall, Queen's House, Romney Rd, Greater, London SE10 9NF, UKAs beautiful as the Earth’s northern and southern lights are, they can’t compete with Jupiter’s. Its aurorae dwarf our planet’s in every way and span almost every part of the electromagnetic spectrum – from infrared light to X-rays.
- Mon, 14 NovNMM Lecture Theatre
- Mon, 10 OctNMM Lecture Theatre
- Mon, 19 SeptNMM Lecture Theatre
- 23rd AGM of Flamsteed Astronomy Society + The Talk You Probably Shouldn’t Watch: A Guide To The End Of The UniverseMon, 12 SeptNMM Lecture Theatre
- Multiple DatesTue, 09 AugRoyal Observatory Greenwich
- Mon, 13 JunNMM Lecture Theatre
- Thu, 12 MayPPMCC
- Adventures of a robot geologist on Mars – tales of the Perseverance rover By Professor Sanjeev GuptaMon, 09 MayNMM Lecture Theatre
- History of Astronomy – Refugees, star clusters and relativity: Astronomy at Greenwich during the 1st World WarTue, 26 AprWebinar
- Mon, 11 AprNMM Lecture Theatre11 Apr 2022, 19:15NMM Lecture Theatre, Romney Rd, London SE10 9NF, UKThere is renewed scientific interest in our nearest celestial neighbour. Numerous robotic missions to Moon are planned in the coming years, and NASA plans to resume human exploration with the Artemis programme from the middle of this decade.
- Tue, 05 AprWebinar
bottom of page