All Upcoming Events
- Thu, 08 DecMycenae House08 Dec, 19:00 – 21:00Mycenae House, 90 Mycenae Rd, London SE3 7SE, UKThis workshop is intended as a basic introduction to astrophotography, using DSLRs or compact system cameras. We will introduce the sort of equipment that you might need for basic astrophotography, camera settings for taking the best astro images and the types of image that you can take.
- Multiple DatesFri, 16 DecNorth of Talbot Place16 Dec, 19:30 – 23:00North of Talbot Place, Talbot Pl, Blackheath, London SE3, UKWe are intending to run a Blackheath observing session. As with all observing activities we are dependent on weather conditions, a Go/No Go message will be sent around 6pm on the day of the event. Backup will be Saturday 17th December. No booking is needed and all are welcome
- Thu, 23 FebLocation is TBD23 Feb 2023, 19:00 – 21:00Location is TBDLassell made his fortune as a Liverpool brewer. This enabled him to pursue his passion for astronomy, particularly his keen interest in the outer planets. Described as one of the first “Grand Amateurs” of the Victorian age, William Lassell list of achievements is truly impressive.
- Tue, 21 MarLocation is TBD21 Mar 2023, 19:00 – 22 Mar 2023, 21:00Location is TBDA lot is spent on space exploration and some people believe that it is a waste of money. However, there are so many everyday things that we take for granted that wouldn’t exist if it hadn't been for the Space Programme. This talk takes a deep dive into this subject.
- Tue, 25 AprLocation is TBD25 Apr 2023, 19:00 – 21:00Location is TBDIt is sometimes supposed that there was no astronomical activity in the Middle Ages, but during this time much of the foundations of modern astronomy were laid. An overview of astronomers and astronomical knowledge from the 5th Century to the publication of Copernicus'